turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TICKS.....

Started by tomstopper, April 27, 2012, 09:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Please remember to check yourselves each time you come home from the woods. Went out to place my Jakehouse blind and brush it in a little and had 2 on me when I got home. The experts said that they were supposed to be bad this year. They are right.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

TRKYHTR

Preacher asked me to check him for ticks but my friendship only goes so far.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

tomstopper

Quote from: TRKYHTR on April 27, 2012, 11:46:37 PM
Preacher asked me to check him for ticks but my friendship only goes so far.

TRKYHTR
:agreed: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: Thats what I have a wife for. She sometimes doesnt want to but then I just remind her that she sleeps in the same bed with me and that they may travel. Usaully motivates her to look...

DirtNap647

agree very bad this year

jrseale82

I just pulled one off myself.  I have found several crawling on my clothes but this is the first one that made it on me.  And it was tiny.

mossy835

Ticks I did not see any stinking ticks --- Yet! What size shot do you use for them?

Woodsman4God

I got 1 tick this year on the back of my neck, my oldest son got 1 behind the ear.

swamp_bird89

You guys are lucky.....I usually find multiple on me every time I am in the woods. Wait till you walk into a group of seed ticks, hundreds of tiny ones crawling up your legs.  :o

blackmagic

There were days down here I wished there were only 2 ticks on me.  We'd find 10+ some days this year.  Its bad when you can just see them walking around while you're sitting.

WyoHunter

They were bad in KS this year and I always get a few on me when I hunt NE. I don't know how they get there but I had one crawling up the truck seat on the way home from NE.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

TURKEYWHACKER

Strange thing was the area where we started our season was crawlin' with em and the spot where we ended it was void. Places were only about 20 miles apart.

joeculb

I bought some clothing spray with .5% premetherin. Spray your clothes only, and let dry before wearing. Haven't noticed any odor when dry and ticks don't want anything to do with it. I bought this at a local Rural King farm supply store for $5.00 a can. Also found some in the past at Wal-mart, but they dont have it this year for some reason.

tsparks

They are really bad in TN this year too! I don't know what the daily bag limit on them is, but I am sure I exceeded it yesterday.   :toothy12:

BOFF

Fortunately, we do prescribed burning each year on different tracks of land. Doesn't eliminate them, but does help. My wife started freaking out this past Tuesday when she noticed one on the back of my neck. I believe it was worse than when she see a mouse.  :TooFunny:

God Bless,
David B.