Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do Toms actually polish or sharpen their spurs?

Started by seadux, April 27, 2012, 10:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadux

My wife killed her first bird yesterday afternoon.  A true limb hanger , 20 lbs. 11.5" beard and 1 1/2 and 1 7/16 spurs.  The spurs were very narrow almost flattened on the sides and the longest spur had a needle point.  Could that have been evidence of him actually sharpening his spurs? ???

redarrow

Devastator

yep the lower tree rubs are from turkeys :lol: :character0029:.just busting,like red said,grew that way.

TauntoHawk

I'd die to kill a bird like that!!!

amazing trophy  :drool: that bird would need to be mounted for sure
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tomstopper

seadux

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 27, 2012, 11:48:56 AM
I'd die to kill a bird like that!!!

amazing trophy  :drool: that bird would need to be mounted for sure

I told her it was her decision on what to do with the bird.  She decided a fan mount with the remains mounted beside garlic mashed and gravy.  Here are the pics.

Man those spurs!

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

goblr77

intherut

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Hognutz

Congrats.. He does have some serious hookage..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

4nwtf

jakebird

Sure they do. Mostly they prefer an Arkansas stone and some light oil, but i did see one with one of the new fangled carbide, one-pass sharpeners.  :D    Congrats to the MRS on a real fine trophy!
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: jakebird on April 29, 2012, 11:21:43 AM
Sure they do. Mostly they prefer an Arkansas stone and some light oil, but i did see one with one of the new fangled carbide, one-pass sharpeners.  :D
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Tell your wife congrats on a fine gobbler!! :icon_thumright: