OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Aimpoint Battery Life

Started by rsc1023, April 26, 2012, 12:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsc1023

Im curious if anyone knows how long a battery will last in a Aimpoint sight. I bought my Comp C in 2002 and the original battery is still going strong. I bought two extra batteries to keep on hand when I purchased the sight. The package on the one I carry in my turkey vest is looking a little rough. I simply love my Aimpoint.

mightyjoeyoung

The battery in my Comp M2 will last up to 50,000 hours on the lowest visible setting.  I still turn it off when I'm done of course but I don't have to worry too much if I leave in on for a day or two by mistake.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

gobblergls

On my SBE, I've got one of the earlier generation Aimpoints in 1997 or 98 that resembles later generations, but isn't.  The next generation after mine claim 50,000 hours.  The cost of a battery is negligible and I changed out yearly to be on the safe side.  I haven't used the gun in three seasons as I now use Trijicon Reflex sights on my 20 gauge guns that have tritium lamps--no need for batteries.

beagler

I have two 9000SC red dots. Went four years and they were still going strong, changed them out anyway. They claim 50,000hrs on mine.
Never Misses

rsc1023

I've thought about changing mine out over the years. I'm to the point now I want to know how long it will last. Mine is used a lot.  Between turkey hunting and coyote hunting. Over the years I have forgot to cut it off store it in the vault go back a month later and its on. Like I said before I always have a spare with me. I'm going to ride it out and see just how many seasons I will get out one battery.