OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shot Drop

Started by msm210, April 25, 2012, 03:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msm210

Question - I have an 11-87 with an IC .665 choke shooting Hevi-Shot 3" 2oz. Mag Blend.  I just returned from the range with the ability to only shoot at 25 yards.  I've got it dialed in leaving a good amount of hits right on the bullseye and need to know how much drop I need to anticipate if I get a shot at 40 yards. 

My season here in Michigan starts next Monday and I'm ready to go but want to know what to anticipate for a longer shot.

Thanks and good luck!
Mike

TauntoHawk

you will not see noticable drop from 25 to 40

please post questions on the gun section and pictures ONLY threads here on the patterning section. IF you have a picture of your pattern upload it please

I like to always shoot my gun at the range I intend to hunt at so I KNOW im good not just assume my pattern is good to a certain range
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mikejd

Tauntohawk, this is the gun section. What was the point of your reply. We are not in the pattern forum.

mikejd

Quote from: slickyboyboo on April 26, 2012, 09:56:53 AM
Quote from: mikejd on April 26, 2012, 07:27:52 AM
Tauntohawk, this is the gun section. What was the point of your reply. We are not in the pattern forum.

It was originally posted in the pattern section, and was then moved to here later. That was the point.

Gotcha. Thought I was loosing it.