turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pa. Opener Saturday?

Started by dvdegeorge, April 25, 2012, 06:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvdegeorge

Well after all the 80 degree weather in March and early April mother nature is having her payback...Sat. forecast for SW Pa rain and high of 40 with low of 27
Debating on making the 5 hour drive from NY just to hunt 1 day and not a very nice one either...

jakebird

Im hunting in central PA and my forecast shows partly cloud, high around 59 chance of rain in the afternoon. 37 in the morning. I have a lot shorter drive than you, so im goin. Waited for it too long not to. The following wkd looks good.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

dvdegeorge

I'll likely go as I'm meeting up with my best Bud who lives down there...
Sure wished Pa. would allow Sunday hunting sucks to drive 5 hrs each way just to hunt 1 morning

tomstopper

Good luck to everyone hunting on Saturday.

Fullfan

They are on fire here in the western part of the state. Should make for some good hunting. Not looking forward to all the hunters though.

Be safe and make sure you ID your target befor you shoot...
Don't gobble at me...

bigdan29299

They were talking up a storm here last week in the eastern part,  went out this morning not a sound.  Not sure if it was the cold this morning, we did have a good frost on the vechile, but still think they would have talked on the roost, maybe this little warmth today will get them fired up again.

The youths had a good day around here Saturday, heard of quiet a few birds being shot and some misses too.  All were big toms too, didn't hear of any jakes being taken yet.

Dan

Sapperjawn

I'll be heading up Northeast PA for my FIRST time out! Cannot wait! :funnyturkey:

JPD298

M,Yingling

I think the rains going to hold off a bit in morning ,,Hopefully
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

TauntoHawk

my forcast for susquehanna county is just partly cloudy 26 in the am with a high of 46.. Don't think I've ever turkey hunted that cold but I expect a morning full of gobbling.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

remmy1187

Sounds pretty crappy for Saturday but I will be out there regardless,  good luck to all the Pa hunters.

beagler

Can't kill one home in bed.  :fud:
Never Misses

tjh24

I just got up to my cabin today to scout and prepare for the weekend.  I am out right now and just had bird gobbling like crazy.  I done even have any calls with me.  He just started gobbling on his own.  I also saw two big strutters out in a field.  Hopefully this continues on Saturday.  Good luck to everyone.  By the way, I'm in luzurne county.

CT Spur Collector

I wait all year for this! It's the most fun yo can have with your clothes on! I also wish PA. would wake up and allow Sunday hunting. Those guys from out of state would enjoy coming a spending money more if they could stay the extra day. Lobby, lobby, lobby.

I'm having a fine year thus far and hope it continues. Killed a Fla bird in March and just git back from WV. Bagged one heck of a tom on Tuesday.  Heard him at 5:45 am. Set up on him at about 100 yards off of a well site. He hit the ground about 6:25 am, gobbled 5 times in a row. I gave him some soft putts and purrs with my slate. He came in spiting and drumming, went out of strut and had some 6's for breakfast at 38 yards. When the Benelli barks, it's all over but the beer drinkin.

One of the biggest birds I ever harvested, 21 lbs, 11.5" beard, 1.25" spurs(both), scored 66.5.

He got a ride in the pickup truck. Can't wait for Monday, I'm headed back down.

Good luck in Pa. and BE CAREFUL!  Always i.d. your target. Remember what you dad told you?

Sapperjawn

Quote from: tjh24 on April 26, 2012, 06:16:21 PM
I just got up to my cabin today to scout and prepare for the weekend.  I am out right now and just had bird gobbling like crazy.  I done even have any calls with me.  He just started gobbling on his own.  I also saw two big strutters out in a field.  Hopefully this continues on Saturday.  Good luck to everyone.  By the way, I'm in luzurne county.

I'll be just north in Montrose the following week! Good LUCK!