OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A unique stalk, a must read please, turkey down!

Started by spitndrum, April 22, 2012, 12:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitndrum

The Plateau Longbeards 2012 Wheelin Sportstman Turkey Hunt was another great success, sitting the blind with Wade was alot of fun as always is.  Had a turkey come into the field about 200 yards out when it started to rain, worked across the field feeding for about an hour and a half.  Finally it got far enough past the blind I could glass it without having to look through the nt windows and I told Wade it was a Male bird. til this point we had not called cause we figured it was just a hen. Few yelps from the slate and he he eased down the hill towards us.  Didnt show up where we wanted him to and next time we seen him in the rolling hills of the field was bak out at 200, then he was joined by 5-6 other red headed birds, I yelp again and they all make a be line to the "widomaker" my she mobile once again staying over the back side of the hill and not showing there heads, we wait I her vrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooommmmmmm   I told Wade hey buddy that one blew up in strut I hear him drummin then we hear nothing for the longest time. Here is where it gets fun, it was time to go and eat lunch at base camp and I told him what do you want to do I mean we have some donuts if you want to wait it out?  Wade can you wheel yourself out in the field and me carry your gn to see if we get a shot?  yeah I can do that, mind you this fields hay is to my knees as you see in the pic and I'd push him but his handles are at base camp????  I unzipp the blind and he eases out and I'm in tow nudging his chair ever so closely to the decoy as he is fighting against the tall grass.  He reaches down to his side signalling me to give him his gun, I said do you see em cause I couldnt being lower than him he said yes 50 yards I said DO YOU SEE A BEARD, he said no.  All the sudden to my left I hear hard putt, I immediatly turn his chair towards the putts as the bird we heard drumming was walking to the decoy putting cause lets face it how many guys in a chair in the field as this bird seen ;)  I see a red head coming and Wade says there he is  said DO YOU SEE A BEARD, YES BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  I take off running after him saying ATTABABY WADE AWESOME SON!

Turned out to be a Jake but hey his opportunities in the woods are far less than mine I was excited and humbled for the experience to share with him!

shootemintheface

RagingRoyal

This space is for rent.

Ded Goblr

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

jellyhead48

What hunting is all about.  Memorable moments

Ol'Mossy

handcannon

Congratulations to you both! I could only imagine the excitement at that moment. That is what it's all about. Congratulations again.

Lightnrod

archery1

Take a kid hunting

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

vaturkey

Vaturkey

ctwny1

Congrats on a great hunt, pictures and story.

AR_gobblergetter