OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bow hunting advice

Started by Hookhunter, April 21, 2012, 01:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hookhunter

I think I'm going to try to fill my last tag with my Z7 this year. I have never cases a turkey with the bow before. Do I need to change my strategy from the shotgun. I know it will be difficult but I absolutely do not want to use a blind. Any advice welcome, thanks

Justin
Yelp,yelp,yelp.. Gobble, BOOM!!!! Flop,flop,flop

dirt road ninja

Without a blind, you'll need plenty of chances and a great deal of luck. I've tried without a blind about 10 times I've been busted. Good luck

Dan Mallia

Quote from: dirt road ninja on April 21, 2012, 03:36:11 PM
Without a blind, you'll need plenty of chances and a great deal of luck. I've tried without a blind about 10 times I've been busted. Good luck

:agreed:  :agreed:

They're tough with a blind.  :toothy9:

I'd have two or three toms this year had I had my gun instead of my bow.  :TooFunny:

gobbler777

Two best recommendations:      1) set up behind a big tree; not in front
                                               2) try to use a decoy to focus attention of gobb...hen and wimpy
                                                   jake. face jake towards you at about 15-20 yards out. Draw only
                                                   when gobbler can't see you.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

Mountain Man

I would put decoys close - about 7 to 8 yards.

Hookhunter

Thanks to the advice yall I will let you know how it turns out. Hopefully with a pic ;D

Justin
Yelp,yelp,yelp.. Gobble, BOOM!!!! Flop,flop,flop

drenalinld

I have taken three without a blind. Two with a decoy one without. Stood behind a cedar all three times. I have been busted many more times.