OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Slumpbuster

Started by tcook7, April 20, 2012, 08:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcook7

Well men, to say this 2012 has been a tough turkey season would be a huge understatement.  But I got the monkey off my back Thursday morning.  Heard this bird gobble out in a hay field about 9 AM and moved in to get set up.  (I had called this bird in, the Saturday before, twice inside of 30 yds but couldn't get a shot through the trees).  So I set up where he came in before, about 200 yards from where he was gobbling now.  Made a couple series of soft calls and he would answer, but wasn't moving.  Finally, after a hen came in from behind me heading his way, I hit him with some aggressive cutting and would cut him off when he gobbled.  He couldn't take it and crossed two fences to come right up the road bed to me.

Won't be much of a scorer as a 2 yr old with a broke spur, but he hopefully busted my slump and got the juices flowing!

17.68 lbs
9"
7/8" and 1/4"

WNY Bowhunter

Your persistance payed off.  CONGRATS!!!
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

boomer

dirt road ninja

Great. Hopefully its the beginning of a hot streak.

JVA54

Congrats!!  Hunting been tough here to, any kind of turkey looks good to me.

davisd9

Congratulations again brother!  When I got the text I fisted pumped for you!  You will get you another, Good Luck!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey