turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fort Campbell

Started by jjones, February 26, 2011, 08:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjones

I noticed we had alot of TN guys on our team, and was wondering if any of you guys hunt fort Campbell?
I've had a blast hunting there the past 6 years.

unclerick

I heard it's good hunting up there, I want to go there one day and try it out.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

harvester

I have never been up there. I would like to go one day after the kids get bigger and experience the Fort. I have some friends that go up there every year deer hunting. If the turkey hunting is anything like the deer, they are loaded with birds.

jjones

Maybe we could meet up there and hunt a day or two. It's loaded with birds, here's the one I killed there opening day last year with my bow.

harvester

Quote from: jjones on February 27, 2011, 08:35:09 AM
Maybe we could meet up there and hunt a day or two. It's loaded with birds, here's the one I killed there opening day last year with my bow.

That would be great, lets see how things go around here and maybe I could make it.

mfd1027

That is one place we could have a sort of team hunt at.    With the way you draw different areas it might work out.   Does the season at the fort follow the Tenn. reg's?   Do you know off the top of your head when it closes?   It might work out that Timmy and I could hunt there a few days when we come up.   
Dan

jjones

The post follows their own regs. Season opens march 26th and will close sometime in may.

turkeybow

Quote from: jjones on February 26, 2011, 08:48:56 PM
I noticed we had alot of TN guys on our team, and was wondering if any of you guys hunt fort Campbell?
I've had a blast hunting there the past 6 years.

I have deer hunted the fort several times the past few years.  I have never turkey hunted there but I would be more than willing to go turkey hunt it!!  I only got to deer hunt it one time this past deer season.  If you would be interested in doing a turkey hunt just let me know.  If I could get an area for a weekend I would be there!
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold