OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hey Del

Started by cannonball, April 20, 2012, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

Look what followed me home tonight. ;D

Basser69

Eddie, is that a Bps I see??

savduck

My man. Welcome to the club. I'd suggest a tru glo SSX  550 and some 7s.

You will love it walking those hills.
Georgia Boy

cannonball

Quote from: Basser69 on April 20, 2012, 08:15:48 PM
Eddie, is that a Bps I see??

Scott, It's a Mossy 500 Bantam 20 ga. It weighs 5.25lbs. I'm going to slap a Burris FF3 on it and make it my run and gun rig. Lugging the old 870 Super Mag around is killing me, lol.

Basser69

Eddie, I hunted with the sp10 today and tent chair! Wanna talk heavy!!! My back still hurts from it. Toting that long beard out helped ease the pain :)

cannonball

I'm sure the turkey helped, I know I was happy to tote mine out of the woods! I've been wanting a 10 ga. too. I might pick up one of those NEF 10's like Lyle has later on this year. Congrats again on your gobbler! :icon_thumright:

savduck

I think I'll stick to my 20 ga. After carrying and killing with it, I won't go back to 12 and most definitely won't go 10.
Georgia Boy

Basser69

Eddie, I am planning on grabbing me a nef 10 after the season is over as well as a 20 ga for running and gunning (not to mention the kids can use it).I have a buddy that wants my SBE ll and I am going to let him have it and use the funds to finance both projects.  :fud: :OGani:

savduck

Check out the weatherby youth model SA08 before you finalize your 20 ga gun. It's a ton of gun for the money.
Georgia Boy

Basser69

Quote from: savduck on April 23, 2012, 03:31:49 PM
Check out the weatherby youth model SA08 before you finalize your 20 ga gun. It's a ton of gun for the money.

Thanks for the tip Del. I have been looking at the Stoger over and unders pretty hard also.