OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trumpet recommendations

Started by Waddle Whacker, April 20, 2012, 07:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Whacker

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a trumpet call. Who makes a good one? I'd like to keep it under $100, nothing fancy, just a good sounding call that I'll hunt with. Thanks for any input.

ccleroy

Get with Matt McLain and get one of his field grade calls, I have one of his in persimmon and it was right at that price if I'm not mistaken and is a killer.

savduck

Mero, gitzit69, pappy, Motherlode, matt McLain........they can all whip you something up.
Georgia Boy

Shellwaster

Lee of Misfire Game Calls has been making some purdy callers here as of late. If I'm not mistaken he has recently made a dogwood caller and was for sell in the classifieds. I haven't had the pleasure of trying one of his callers yet but if he makes them as well as his pots and boxes they're jam up awesome then.

savduck

Lee' s new trumpets run great. That would also be a good one.
Georgia Boy

ccleroy

Quote from: savduck on April 20, 2012, 08:31:24 PM
Mero, gitzit69, pappy, Motherlode, matt McLain........they can all whip you something up.

Well yea no doubt!! Those too!!!

Waddle Whacker

Thanks guys, one look at misfire's dogwood trumpet and pm sent. It's a great lookin call and in my price range, hopefully it's still available.

jbrown

I've got a bunch of trumpets, all are good......the best to me is my Billy Buice....I bought this tumpet in 1999 as a meat call.....over the seasons, it has been very effective for me! I plan to buy another Buice soon.