OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

PA Youth hunt tomorrow!

Started by jakebird, April 20, 2012, 04:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakebird

Who all is going? It kills me that i had a family issue arise suddenly and i wont be able to take my 8yr old son in the morning. However, i'm very blessed to have a good friend and neighbor who is also one of my turkey hunting buddies. He agreed to take my boy tomorrow in my stead. Kills me not to make it out with him, but i trust my buddy and he's plenty capable. I have the inside scoop on the birds ive been scouting for weeks and i hope to have them in the driver's seat tomorrow. I'll be waiting by the phone and biting my nails. Best of luck to all of you heading out with the kids. Hope u all have great hunts and keep it safe out there.  :)
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

WildTigerTrout

I'm taking my son. He is 13 and very excited!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

TauntoHawk

I'm leaving PA tonight to go to NY and take a kid out for their youth hunt.. hope to see a lot of sucess threads tomorrow!

Good luck, stay Safe, and have FUN!!! :turkey2:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

remmy1187

Taking my oldest daughter, I am way more excited than she is, hopefully this will be the year!  She got her first deer this past season so Im hoping she can kill a turkey this year too.  Anyway, good luck to all the youths out there! :icon_thumright:

beagler

Good luck to all the young hunters!
Never Misses

WildSpur

Cluck more, yelp less

dpittman

My son and I got the blind setup tonight. Just putting up the blind is another part of the process that we get excited about and make it fun. Hopefully the weather holds for a little while so we have a good mrning. He is 8 and ready to send some hevi 7's. He has killed 2 jakes and keeps saying he will only shoot a tom.

Devastator

takeing my nephew tomorrow.had one talking back tonight on the roost to my hooks harrison hooter,2 birds have been in the same field for the last 3 mornings,and there were 8 strutting with some hens just down the hill from them.hopefully things go right and there is a lonely one.good luck everyone.

Ruger M77

Goodluck to all you youth hunters!
I eat therefore I hunt

clarksvalley

just came by my normal hunting spot around 8:00a.m. and to my surprise very few cars,not sure what it was like a daybreak.looks like the rain will hold off for the morning.hope all the youngsters had a good hunt and look forward to pictures.

jakebird

Well, my buddy (with my son) just called. They had hens within ten ft, but the longbeard with them stayed out of range. Theyre takin a little break and gonn atry him again, hope those hens slip away to their nests soon. Atleast i feel good my scouting has them in the right place and theyve had a great exciting hunt so far.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

jakebird

Well, after smokin one last yr, my little man can chalk up his first miss. They called up five jakes and he pulled the shot a little high. He's feelin a little down, but i keep reassuring him. Happens to all of us. He had a phenomenal hunt, had hens within feet  saw and heard several gobblers and jakes, just pulled the shot a little. Atleast it was action packed. For a public land state forest hunt, and eight yrs old, it was a great hunt. He aint done. I'll have him out a few times before season's end and wouldnt be surprised if the boy still gets one yet. Good luck to the rest of ya. Hope some of you scored today!

dpittman

Son scored a longbeard at 7:40 this morning. 32 yard shot 1oz hevi 7. Smoked him good. 10" beard and 3/4 spurs. I told him if he shot a longbeard I would get it mounted.

Devastator

had 1 longbeard and 2 jakes come in to 25 yards and a downed tree and a standing tree come into play.couple more steps and it would have happened.birds on roost went straight to the hens.

TauntoHawk

Our group up in NY, I hope everyone had some action and fun!
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>