turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Making a weaver sight work

Started by BigHooks, February 26, 2011, 07:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigHooks

Just got my mueller sight went to Shotgun Dave's house to sight it in didn't like were it set on the weaver mount. So Dave came up with filing a grove in the weaver like the ones that are in it. The file was the perfect width same as the weaver groves. If you do this be sure to make sure y
  ou kept the scope a 1/4 of an inch or more up from the end of the weaver mount.

BigHooks

It don't look like I Had the sight up the rail enough but it's about 1/2 inch up from the end of the mount..

Shotgun Dave

Looks good Bighooks! Looks factory to me. You sold me on Mueller I :turkey2: orderd me one soon as you left .  Does anybody know where we can get a camo weaver base ?
All things work together for good !!!

sugarray

Really looks good.  You could also now cut the base and use only the back to holes.  Lots of folks do this with the FF II.  Then you wouldn't see the extra base at all.

I don't know about a camo weaver base, I have seen camo picatinny bases.

BigHooks

The only picatinny base I found cameoed was for a AR-15 my recever want line up with the holes in the picatinny base....

Shotgun Dave

That's A good Idea Sugarray about cutting off the X-tra part of the base . Would make it look better ! I've seen the camo picitanny base dint think it will fit the contour of the Receiver on my 11-87 or Bighooks 870 . Id like to get a hands on look at one !  I can work wonders with a File and Drill !!! Just ask Bighooks . Thanks for the info and the idea !!!!!! :turkey2:
All things work together for good !!!

killdee

Thats a great idea. I have a Mueller on the way and was a bit concerned with the big weaver I already have on my 1300. I believe I'll cut the excess off also.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

wisconsinteacher

I just dropped my mount and receiver off with the gun smith.  He is going to keep it long enough to keep 3 holes and then cut it so it is the length of the Mueller.  I think I will get the best of both worlds.  3 holes and a smaller base.  I will post pictures when I get it back next week.