turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Grandslam Mounts

Started by IORIO52, April 17, 2012, 11:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IORIO52

For anyone out there fortunate enough to accomplish a grandslam, do you have a mount of each bird? I would love to see some ideas of how you displayed all of the birds. I have an eastern mounted full strut and a rio at the taxidermist right now. I would love to have all 4 eventually. Should I full strut all of them to display the differences in tail fan colors or switch the poses up? Any pics and opinions/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

BigEz

I would say the mount poses should depend more on the individual birds strengths and your personal tastes.  I have a Merriam's done in full strut because he has pure white tall feathers and 5 beards so that pose will show that well.  I have and Osceola gobbling on the limb with his wings half down to high light the dark bands on his wings and the long spurs.  Full strut will look great with all of them depending on the condition the birds are in when you shot them, but an eastern and an Osceola will look very similar in full strut except for the wing banding.  Also full strut will hide the spurs for the most part if the bird has good hooks, so for me I try to go with the strengths of the bird regardless if it's a Rio or eastern and so on. I'm thinking for my Rio I will look at getting the trophy mount I think it's called, where there hanging from there feet from a fence post ( man i love the look of that pose).

Happy Hunting
Erik

vicksburg

Here's what I did. Already had a couple of full body mount easterns and didn't have room, or the funds for 4 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
]

redarrow

GSLAM95

Eastern

Merriams - Black Hills

Osceola

Rio

Goulds for the Royal Slam

Ocellated for the World Slam

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

West Augusta

Congrats John and a beautiful display.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Nick_The_Tinkerer

Sand Man

WOW!  Someday.........someday!   :drool:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

TauntoHawk

When I saw this thread i thought, wonder when GSLAM is going to show up and make us all jealous of his trophy room.

back to day dreaming at the office I go.....
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wingbone

Vicksburg, that's an awesome fan display for the slam. That's what I was looking to do with mine but wasn't sure how to put it all together. How did you do the photos in the middle?
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Tail Feathers

Very nice jobs from both who posted pics! :drool:

I love the tailfans with the pics because it takes up so much less space.
I have my four mounted talfans on one wall, but separate mounts.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

vicksburg

Quote from: Wingbone on April 18, 2012, 12:15:01 PM
Vicksburg, that's an awesome fan display for the slam. That's what I was looking to do with mine but wasn't sure how to put it all together. How did you do the photos in the middle?

I just took some kill shots from each bird, and sent them to my buddy who makes those collages in photoshop.  He added the text i wanted then mailed it to me on a dvd.  I took it to a photo shop and had it printed on high quality paper, and built the frame around it! LOL Ended up looking pretty sharp.
]

870FaceLift

:drool:

That Ocellated mount box is one of the coolest things I have ever seen!  Definitely on my bucket list
Pass it on...

shootemintheface

Those Ocellated are nice

tomstopper

Very beautiful mounts everyone. Congrats.