turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SBE II or M2??????

Started by scdxt, April 17, 2012, 07:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scdxt

Ok so i have my mind made between these two in ap camo and 24" barrel. there is about 300 bucks difference between the two and they shoulder the same for me. my question is it worth 300 more dollars for the ability to shoot 3.5's. i have never hunted with them just cause my 3's have killed every time. any help would be appreciated.

BOFF

I hunt with an M2 tactical. I sighted in my SBE I today, as I added a different optic on it.

I shot five 3 1/2" shells.

Those 3 1/2" shells kicked my rear today.  :z-dizzy:

The M2 doesn't hardly kick at all.

I'd go with the M2, as I'm not needing the extra shot in the 3 1/2" shell.

Just my opinion.

God Bless,
David B.

scdxt

also are the m2 barrels crio treated ? the sbe2 says on the barrel it is??

beagler

I'd go with the SBE 2. I have one and love it, never shot an M2 however.
Never Misses

bulldog18

The M2 barrel is crio treated and uses the same tubes as the SBEII. I have a M2 and love it. Haven't found the need for the extra half an inch shell. It has killed everything I needed it to.

mrclif

I got a 21" m2 with a steadygrip and love it. Personally dont have a need for a 3.5" shell.

budtripp

I went with the SBE only because it was also going to be a waterfowl gun, and while 3" shells are usually plenty, the 3 1/2 inchers come in handy when shooting big steel shot at geese. But for turkeys only, the M2 would be all you would need

2much2loud

Quote from: budtripp on April 20, 2012, 02:05:19 AM
I went with the SBE only because it was also going to be a waterfowl gun, and while 3" shells are usually plenty, the 3 1/2 inchers come in handy when shooting big steel shot at geese. But for turkeys only, the M2 would be all you would need

This was my exacting thinking when I bought me SBE

scdxt

thanks everyone. i think i have my mind made up with the m2. i dont hunt geese just duck so the 3 should be fine. going tomorrow and gonna try to pay them lol its hard for me to turn loose of money......

2much2loud

Good choice let us know how you make out with patterning if you dont mind me asking what are the M2 s going for near you

scdxt

im getting mine for 1225 in camo. the sbe2 is 1549 in camo. im from SC. if i knew the sbe2 would shoot the cheap walmart crap for skeets i would go with it.

GobblinNC

my SBEII cycles the cheap ammo. Never once had it jam or not cycle. Just be sure to thoroughly break it in when you first get it.

scdxt

ok everybody..... is the sbeII worth the 300 bucks difference. im going to use it from cheap loads at skeets to slaying turkeys?????????

GobblinNC

in my opinion it is well worth it. if your gonna spend that much money on the M2 might as well pay a little bit more and be able to shoot any shell on the market. the M2 is an awesome gun but you cant go wrong with the SBEII. you'll love it.

scdxt

ive always had a hard time making my mind up when its that much money... i have never shot but about 5 3.5's and they hurt. im not that big of a guy. my 870 is a super mag and i patterned the 3.5's in it and had the blue shoulder so i went with 3's. they shot just as good. i would probably miss a few birds knowing i had a mule fixing to send me to the dentist lol