OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thanks To Everyone On This Site

Started by Rimfire Wizard, April 16, 2012, 09:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimfire Wizard

I've hunted turkeys for six years with an 11/87, no sights, and factory high brass 6s. 
I killed 6 gobblers without losing one, but never was comfortable that my equipment was adequate.   
Two months ago I found this site.  Based on the input from contributors here, I upgraded to Williams Fire Sights, a Hevi-Shot choke, and Hevi-Shot 3" 2oz 7s.
This aftenoon I had four gobblers come straight at me in a line.  I couldn't shoot for fear of getting two or three of them.  Finally one of them moved a step to the right and stuck his head up.  One load of 7s and he did a dirt dive.  Right over backwards with both feet in the air.  37 yards and not one shot in the body.  Now that's a pattern!!!!!
18 1/4 lbs    8 1/2" beard    7/8" spurs.

Thanks everyone!!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Congrats!

Those 7's are the real McCoy.  

You place a good centered pattern from a load of them in 3" or 3.5" on the head and neck from a good shooting gun and choke at 40yds and the results will always be the same.  

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

runngun

Good job, there are some folks on here that know how to get the most out of a shotgun, that do not mind helping folks out.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Rimfire Wizard on April 16, 2012, 09:50:32 PM
I've hunted turkeys for six years with an 11/87, no sights, and factory high brass 6s. 
I killed 6 gobblers without losing one, but never was comfortable that my equipment was adequate.   
Two months ago I found this site.  Based on the input from contributors here, I upgraded to Williams Fire Sights, a Hevi-Shot choke, and Hevi-Shot 3" 2oz 7s.
This aftenoon I had four gobblers come straight at me in a line.  I couldn't shoot for fear of getting two or three of them.  Finally one of them moved a step to the right and stuck his head up.  One load of 7s and he did a dirt dive.  Right over backwards with both feet in the air.  37 yards and not one shot in the body.  Now that's a pattern!!!!!
18 1/4 lbs    8 1/2" beard    7/8" spurs.

Thanks everyone!!

Congratulations. It's great to have you here. Glad you're having such an excellent season.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."