turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3 dead Rios in Kansas

Started by merocustomcalls, April 16, 2012, 03:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merocustomcalls

I came home a day early from Kansas after hearing tornado warnings on the radio.  I killed one big gobbler and called in 2 more for my buddy Mike.  These were the first Rio Grande birds for both of us and we are now 3/4 of the way to our grand slams.  Mine ended up being the biggest and thankfully since I missed one the day before.  The snakewood trumpet was deadly the entire week, making several Toms do a 180 and leave their hens on many occasions.  Now I'm back home in Wisconsin and will be hunting more later this week. 

jbrown

Brian, congrats to both of y'all.......I told you those mero trumpets are deadly!!!

TRKYHTR

WTG Brian. Congrats on your success.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Fine work  Brian, Congrats.

Brian what species do you have left?
Georgia Boy

Basser69

Congrats Brian! Really a nice bird

merocustomcalls

I just have an Osceola left and I've already got a hunt booked in Fla. next March.

cannonball

Good job Brian! That's a nice one!

savduck

Quote from: merocustomcalls on April 16, 2012, 07:09:24 PM
I just have an Osceola left and I've already got a hunt booked in Fla. next March.

If you drive down let me know. I live 15 minutes off of I95. Id love to have lunch or something with you guys on the way down or on the way home.
Georgia Boy

870BkWht

Brian congrats on a great trip and fine birds.

fsu33952

Congratulations Brian! I killed another gobbler here in Alabama with one of your slates. cluck, cluck, yelp, yelp scratch, scratch and then boom was pretty much the story. Took all of about 2 minutes. Old boy came running.

merocustomcalls

Awesome! Congrats on another Alabama bird!.  I killed a Wisconsin bird this morning with a trumpet call and that hunt was all of about 2 minutes as well.