turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which setup would you pick?

Started by Leadbelt, April 15, 2012, 08:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leadbelt

This kinda goes with my old post... Farm im huntin has three pastures in the bottom, bordered by a very steep ridge... Turkey seem to always fly off the steep ridge down into the bottom pastures... These 3 pastures are occupied by blinds, so today i went on top of the ridge lookin for these turkeys roost site... I happened to find a small field on top of the tallest ridge around... Field was mixture of taller grasses (2ft high) and some thick thorn bushes as well (seemed to be a good spot for a nesting hen.) Nowy question is this... I know the birds are roostin in this location somewhere... With all the pressure amd hunters in the bottom pasture, I choose to put a blind in this top field... Do turkey like fields that are highly elevated? Do they like these thick fields? Field is loaded with grass hoppers i may add!

mikejd

O yea. That is a storybook setup right there. A secluded field on top of a roosting ridge with no pressure. I wish i was you.

Lenny870

Quote from: mikejd on April 15, 2012, 08:49:19 PM
O yea. That is a storybook setup right there. A secluded field on top of a roosting ridge with no pressure. I wish i was you.
Get Er Done :fud: :OGani:

Leadbelt

oklahomaboy

Oh yea, that'll work all day long.

Leadbelt

Lets hope! Gotta wait till saturday to hunt do to work! GrOwing up sucks!!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase