OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Should I Mount Him?

Started by guesswho, April 15, 2012, 08:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountman62

guess, a good taxidermist can fix him up to look just like new, i killed one once that looked like that hunted him 4 mornings, he always tricked me, but he traveled the same way a couple times, sit in a driving rain in a poncho with just a mouth call and a gun, called him right up, the good part about it was i could see the night light in my yard from where we were, 2nd thought, if you think you might actually kill another turkey in your lifetime, i would wait and get another one to mount, or just let my momma shoot me one
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

chatterbox

Ol'Mossy

I'm glad you killed it before it multiplied

mnturkey

Taxi man might shoot you if you brought that in to be mounted.
SEMPER FI

Turkey Trot

I would spread the fan out and shoot it with a light load of birdshot to put noticeable holes in it.  If it is going to look rough, I want the full monty so there is a better story to tell.  ;D
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Hognutz

Your nuts if you don't mount him, Ronnie..Glue 4 or 5 more beards on him, and he'll fit right in with the rest of your trophys...Mike     ;D
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Reloader

Beautiful tom Ronnie, you be nuts to not mount such a beauty.

I've killed quite a few with that washing machine look as well. Seems if there's water anywhere close by, they'll find it during the flop fest.

guesswho

Quote from: Reloader on April 16, 2012, 02:44:43 PM

I've killed quite a few with that washing machine look as well. Seems if there's water anywhere close by, they'll find it during the flop fest.
The waters not a big deal, but that stinking stagnant mud was a bit much.  Carrying him with my turkey tote wasn't something I was looking forward to.  I had to wash my camo suit when I got home, thats something I usually don't do during the season.  I'm afraid I may have washed all the mojo out of it.  Oh well, at least it smells like fresh summers rain now. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

NCTURKEYHUNTER

pullit

well, he will eat good, but he has a look that only a mother could love.....

wvboy

Did he have a beard?

I called one in for a guy one time very similar looking to that.. I think he had 9 tail feathers.. he had Beard Rot too.. but he also had 1.5 inch spurs :)
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

guesswho

Quote from: wvboy on April 16, 2012, 04:09:21 PM
Did he have a beard?

I called one in for a guy one time very similar looking to that.. I think he had 9 tail feathers.. he had Beard Rot too.. but he also had 1.5 inch spurs :)
10 1/8" beard, 1" spurs, and weighed about 46 lbs. including the mud.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Reloader

Quote from: guesswho on April 16, 2012, 03:35:41 PM
Quote from: Reloader on April 16, 2012, 02:44:43 PM

The waters not a big deal, but that stinking stagnant mud was a bit much.  Carrying him with my turkey tote wasn't something I was looking forward to.  I had to wash my camo suit when I got home, thats something I usually don't do during the season.  I'm afraid I may have washed all the mojo out of it.  Oh well, at least it smells like fresh summers rain now. 

Hopefully the mojo aint out of it yet, might have to get moma to rub on it a bit.

I know the smell, run into it at times in the skeeter filled bottoms around here.  Kinda reminds you of that smell at the end of the sewer line.

Rio Fan

I think that's the most beautiful fan I've ever seen - he's definitely a mounter.  :icon_thumright:

Hootowl

No really what is That? Why does it look so beat up, and where are the tail feathers.

Hoot