OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lackin the confidence this year!

Started by Leadbelt, April 15, 2012, 07:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leadbelt

Have access to roughly 300 private acres... Well the property is set up with 3 fields  all connected on the east side of the property.... These 3 fields is where the birds all tend to be at... Well did my scouting and set a blind up in the field which I thought would produce. Long story short, season starts tmrw so I went back this mornin for some last minute scouting and find 3 blinds set up within 100 yards of my blind.... Needless to say I'm headin toso Mark Twain National Forest.... Sorry, just had to vent, and I don't have much confidence on government land...

WildTigerTrout

I killed my best bird here in Pa. on state forest land. The birds can't tell what's public or private.  Give it a chance and good luck to you.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Turkey Havoc

I hunted Mark Twain, specifically Paddy Creek wilderness area mainly. Always heard lots of birds, but I will admit the terrain is rough going. If you can get on the same ridge as a bird you will have a good shot at him. Good Luck!
Stephen H Spraberry

turkey_slayer

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on April 15, 2012, 07:24:39 PM
I killed my best bird here in Pa. on state forest land. The birds can't tell what's public or private.  Give it a chance and good luck to you.

What he said. Turkeys don't know where they are. There's prob going to be less birds and their going to be more scattered so you will have to work harder for them. They also tend to travel a lot more so where they are one day they might not be the next. Try to find water   :anim_25:

Leadbelt

Im not scared to put in the effort nor the mikes on the boots to find and get to a bird.. Im gonna make sure to walk further, hunt harder and be in the woods mid day when other hunters are gone...

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Leadbelt on April 15, 2012, 08:31:49 PM
Im not scared to put in the effort nor the mikes on the boots to find and get to a bird.. Im gonna make sure to walk further, hunt harder and be in the woods mid day when other hunters are gone...

You got the right mindset then. Look forward to seeing some dead turkey pics  :icon_thumright: