OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FF and speed bead differences

Started by killdee, April 15, 2012, 06:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killdee

What are the differences in these two sights. I like the idea of having the SB low on the gun but are there any advantages 1 over the other?
Thanks Kd

mightyjoeyoung

The mount.  Seriously, that's it.  The speed bead is nothing more than a plate that fits between the stock and the back of the receiver with a mount on it to fit the FF II.  I have one for my SBE II but have since moved the sight port up to a picatinny base in a Warbird sight gaurd.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

killdee

mightyjoeyoung

The heavy recoiling stuff...the really NASTY stuff like 3.5" Mag Blends and Nitros really belt you weather it's in a semi or not and I just found the rear edge of the mount to just a wee bit too close to my on hand thumb.  I moved it out to the rail and never have to wory about it again, plus, I now have the gaurd around it which you just can't have with the Speed Bead.

killdee

I see, I'm looking to put something on a 20 gauge, and have till next season to weigh options. Thanks for the input.

gunslinger

The biggest difference is you can still use your rib and bead with the speed bead mount...huge if you're battery happens to run out while hunting.

ccleroy

Yep, you can still see your bead just in case which makes it nice....that's why I picked the speedbead....

killdee

Hmmm seems its offered for the 870 12 gauge but no listing for the 20 gauge.

BurrisOptics

We don't make the SB for 20 gauge guns.  You can still use the Warbird protector with the SB. 

killdee

Right now I'm leaning toward the marlin mount with a FF2 or 3. How much lower is the marlin mount verses a weaver rail? I already have a weaver I can cut in half but I like the Idea of it being lower. But, I also have a sure shot stock coming for this gun and some say it raises you up a bit, if so the weaver may be fine and I can put the 50$ marlin money toward a FF3.

mightyjoeyoung

A Marlin mount, the FF II and the Shurshot stock should work perfectly.  Your eye should come right into alignment with the sight with that stock on the gun.