OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rhino choke tubes?

Started by Rockhound, April 15, 2012, 04:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

How much gold do they have in them for that price? lol seriously why are they so pricey and are they worth it?

nitro

The Rhinos I own shoot the best patterns I have found in the respective guns they are in...

My Benelli M-1 shoots exceptionally well. Dense, even patterns. To me they are worth the $. I use Rhino as the benchmark.

(FWIW), I have never heard of one failing. Can't say the same of some of the other brands on the market.
Royal Slam 2008

captin_hook

They look like a good choke and hear nothing but good things about them. They are a little too pricey for me. I was at the convention in Nashville and stopped at their booth. I found it odd that nobody else was standing at their booth looking at their product. Then I inquired about buying a choke and they still wanted 100$ even at the convention. Now this was Friday, I didn't stop at their booth on Sunday, maybe they would've came down a little, but I wasn't crazy about the guys that I talked too at their booth so I didn't bother going back to it.

runngun

They pattern excellent and are very "solid".
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

beagler

Quote from: runngun on April 15, 2012, 03:46:56 PM
They pattern excellent and are very "solid".
+1
I use a Rhino in both my Benelli SBE 2 and Mossberg 835.
Never Misses

North of 8

Quote from: slickyboyboo on April 16, 2012, 03:41:31 PM
I had a rhino, and personally you can get as good or better patterns from other less expensive chokes. My JellyHead .660, and IC .665 shot better out of my 870 than the Rhino .660. Also my personal experience rhino has horrible CS, where Indian Creek, Pure Gold, and Sumtoy have the best IMO.

rhino has horrible CS,

I apologize for my stupidity, but what is CS?????

I Sent my gun and stuff to Ray/NITRO and it came with a Rhino and I love it, all of it, the Benelli M2, Rhino and Nitro 4x5x7's. Super great patterning and over 200 dead gobblers at close and long distance.

jtg88

North of 8

Thank you, I never needed CS so never had an issue. If I would have had a problem, I would have contacted NITRO Ray.

Again Thanks.

gtrjames

I tried a Rhino in a Benelli M2, but the Jelly Head patterned better for me.

longbeardlife.com

very good choke that never fails...  not that expensive if you look at the cost of everything else you buy to hunt, and its the las t componet that counts after you pull the trigger....

wingbonehntr

I have one in an 870 and another in a browning silver. I get good results in both guns ,but do agree That their CS sucks

TN-Hunter

I have one in a 870 and a sp10 they are great chokes!

HartClemson99

I have a Rhino in my 12 ga 870, my 20 ga 870 and my SP-10.  I have a 40 yard pattern from my Sp-10 w Nitro #7's with 398 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards on paper.  Spend the money.
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

runngun

Hart you will soon be banished with talk like that! On this site we do not do such or talk that way!!!
Warning, warning warning!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

HartClemson99

Sorry about that fellas, my bad. 
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973