turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bansner's choke on Ebay

Started by mightyjoeyoung, April 14, 2012, 11:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

allaboutshooting

Those chokes are held in very high regard by a lot of folks. There is a bit of a "cult following" for them.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mightyjoeyoung

That is exactly why I posted it up Clark. 

I used to have one.  Great choke.  Gave it to the bil for his 835.  Still hasn't killed a boggler with it since I gave it to him probably 7 years ago.   :OGani:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

nitro

I still own and (once in a while hunt with) a Bansner custom 1187.. the barrel has a .640ish choke of stainless steel permanently fixed into the barrel..circa 1988 or so. Cutting edge technology at the time.

I have killed a bunch of birds with it over the years.. I believe he called it the "Predator" choke system..

Bansner is an excellent gunsmith..
Royal Slam 2008

allaboutshooting

Quote from: nitro on April 15, 2012, 02:09:54 PM
I still own and (once in a while hunt with) a Bansner custom 1187.. the barrel has a .640ish choke of stainless steel permanently fixed into the barrel..circa 1988 or so. Cutting edge technology at the time.

I have killed a bunch of birds with it over the years.. I believe he called it the "Predator" choke system..

Bansner is an excellent gunsmith..

Yes, he is.  All of his time now is devoted to rifles.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mikejd

Its the very first turkey choke I ever bought. Has to be close to 15-20 yrs ago and Its still the choke i hunt with . Im going to put it up against some of the newer ones this year to see how they compare.

chipper

Keep us posted on those tests, I've got 2 of those chokes.

archery1

i wish he still made chokes.. makes alot of customs rifles and such.. he lives like 20 min from me.. very nice guy and builds some real quality items 4 sure
Take a kid hunting