OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what box call would you buy.

Started by herronjr, April 13, 2012, 10:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herronjr

if you could buy only one box call and the call makers were albert paul, marlin watkins, darrin dawkins, jerry zebro or david halloran witch person would you get the box from.

TANK

I think I would go with Marlin Watkins....

nx95240

Jeff Mckammey hands down. i have 5 of them and well get more.....

TRKYHTR

Albert Paul and the Marlin Watkins either one.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

gwa

Depends on how much money you have, short or long box.
I only have Paul's Calls so cannot vouch for the others but I think you would be satisfied with any of them.
Call them up and have them play a couple for you. They are more than willing to do that to sell a call.

HunterMan

Rope

Freedom is NOT free

scoot12

culpeper

When you say box call I presume you mean a short box?
I have never run a Zebro call, but I hear they sound quite good...the others...well they are all different sounds unique to each callmaker as is my sound and they are all very talented folks.  You should contact each one and discuss wood, sound, design style, how you like to run a call and what particular sound you might be looking for.
SS, Twisting Creek, Tim Bullock, Don Clark, Bob Harwell, Shadetree calls, Mike Lapp, Scott Basehore, I could on and on with all very good builders...part of it may also depend on what you want to spend and what you can afford.

Good luck with your search.

West Augusta

Quote from: culpeper on April 14, 2012, 02:44:24 PM
When you say box call I presume you mean a short box?
I have never run a Zebro call, but I hear they sound quite good...the others...well they are all different sounds unique to each callmaker as is my sound and they are all very talented folks.  You should contact each one and discuss wood, sound, design style, how you like to run a call and what particular sound you might be looking for.
SS, Twisting Creek, Tim Bullock, Don Clark, Bob Harwell, Shadetree calls, Mike Lapp, Scott Basehore, I could on and on with all very good builders...part of it may also depend on what you want to spend and what you can afford.

Good luck with your search.

X2

Oh, and Culpeper makes a pretty nice box call also.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Runnin Gunner

For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.  (1 Corinthians 2:2)