OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Spoke to an incredible man today

Started by Runnin Gunner, April 12, 2012, 10:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runnin Gunner

I had the pleasure of speaking to Albert Paul today.  What an amazing man!  He took the time to explain things to me that I had never considered before.  Extremely helpful and an encyclopedia of knowledge about the crazy birds we all seem to be mesmerized by.  Got him working on a box for me and now I can't wait for it to arrive.  His attitude, helpfulness and concern for his customer's satisfaction are a testament to his dedication to his craft. I could tell he genuinely cares about each piece of wood and every detail of his business and the customers happiness. I didn't want to get off the phone with him!  Man, I am stoked about this call.

:jesus-cross:
For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.  (1 Corinthians 2:2)

handcannon

TRKYHTR

He's a great guy. I was supposed to hunt with him this year in MO but it just didn't work out with our schedules. Hopefully next year.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Spring Creek Calls

He sounds like a great man. I'd love to run one of his long boxes someday.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

mudhen

I agree 110%, Albert is a great man!

I've come close to hunting with him in Nebraska, but we have never made the connection.

What I really like is that he listens to the buyer, and makes what the buyer wants.

For example, I hunt the more open areas NE & KS, so I need a call with a high pitch that carries well in the wind, but still sounds somewhat rich.  I have a persimmon & maple that works great most of the time, but I wanted a call with a bit more carry.

Albert suggested an all walnut call, that would be louder, and still maintain a rich sound.  That walnut call has proven to be very effective.

I only have 2 of his calls, but I want 10+  :)

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

letinmfly

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr.Paul and his lovely wife a few years ago at the Eastern Sportsman SHow in PA.
You can't find two nicer people than the Paul's.  We spoke for nearly two hours about turkey hunting and turkey calls.  Of course I ran every call he had with him.  ;D

He's a class act.  :you_rock:
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Tomspur

I got one of his calls last year and, in  addition to him, his calls are top notch.

dreis3

D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

Runnin Gunner

He said he would start working on it as soon as he got the check and it's on the way to him. I either read somewhere or maybe he said 4-6 weeks. Think I read that some where though...

:jesus-cross:
For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.  (1 Corinthians 2:2)

TRKYHTR

He told me the other day he was working on calls all day every day and only been turkey hunting for 3 days. That sounds like a job.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Runnin Gunner

He sent me a note today to let me know he is building my box!

Wahoo!!!

:turkey2:

lmbhngr

I have several of his calls you won`t be disappointed!

tomanyturkeycalls

I love alberts calls most of mine took on the average six months but they are worth it...

otis

:you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:   i just got my  walnut  shirt pocket box call from albert paul and this thing is outstanding i cant wait to get my long box

otis