OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

MY SEASON SO FAR

Started by catdaddy, April 12, 2012, 03:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catdaddy

I have had a pretty good season so far---three gobblers in Mississippi and one in Tennessee. I should have a least one other bird, but there is one particular gobbler I am "sho nuff" mad at that I have been ignoring all others in an attempt to get him.

Tomorrow I am leaving for Kentucky with a stellar groups of pals. 
James "Owlface" Harrison
Scott "Trapperscott" Mclemore

Here is a pictorial of the year so far. I am working on a couple of stories but time has not allowed me to finish. Based on what's happend to me this year--they should be some doozies.   

First MS Gobbler MS on opening Day

Second MS Gobbler Gobbler--another one who fell to the seduction of my Mother Lode Slate

This year I have hunted by myself 100% of the time--very unusual for me--as a result--there is no one around to take a fresh kill pic  of me(harvest for you PC types). Several people that I send phone pics complained about the lack of a signature "fist pump" shot--so I sent those folks this one just after my second kill

Third MS Gobbler--I had to pay in blood for this one!!

I have been hunting with a scope for 40 years--this is the first time I have been smacked. I had to shoot from a twisted off-hand position and had to "point my shotgun under a limb--I bled like a stuck pig but my aim was true

First TN Gobbler--this was a flash hunt. He showed 10 minutes after his first gobble. I had givien up for the day and I was almost back in sight of my truck

hookedspur

WaHoo sounds like a GREAT season up till now!!!!  :anim_25: with the rest of it...
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TRKYHTR

Catdaddy is on a roll. Them KY gobblers are in serious trouble. Good luck and go get um brother.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

pullit

Catdaddy, you are my hero :icon_thumright:

Good luck to you and your group in KY.

FANMAN

Congrats. on your birds Tom,Be safe and have a great trip.

CASH

Congrats on a fine season Tom.  The trip to Kentucky ought to generate some good stories with that cast of character.  Good luck and safe hunting mate!
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

redarrow

Roll on Catdaddy roll on. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Ol'Mossy

stinkpickle

NICE!!!    :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:

I feel for ya on the scope eye thing...got my first smack during deer season.  I have no good excuse, though. 

boomer

Congrats!! Sounds like you have had a Great season so far.

Wrangler95

:you_rock:

Very nice going,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

REBELYELL

Congrats on a great season Tom, can't wait to hear the stories behind them birds and that nasty cut. Good luck in KY.

:anim_25:

kamski1151

congrats on a great season ..

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

njdevilsb

Congrats on a great season so far.  Good luck on the rest.

vaturkey

Catdaddy  :theman:

You're having a great season ! Have a good Kentucky hunt ! Sorry about the SCOPE EYE !

Take Care 

Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey