turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Great Kansas morning

Started by Mike Honcho, April 10, 2012, 06:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Honcho

Took the grandsons Kolbi (12) and Tanner (11) out o dark thirty Friday morning.  With military like precision we unloaded the decoys, seats, ground blind and my Mossberg 835 /Star Dot for Kolbi and Mossberg 500 / Pure Gold 20 ga for Tanner and headed out.   Got set up quietly by just after 6:00AM and at 6:30 started heaing some gobbling...one group about 300 yards east and another 150 yards south...the close group became our target.
Kolbi now a "veteran" because he called in and shot a gobbler on his own last week asks if he can call...I say you bet.   After we thought the closer birds had flown down (about 7:00 am) he started some soft yelps with my old HS Strut Black Magic slate call I gave him.   Within a couple of minutes he had a nice tom in sight at about 125 yards and on his way in.  He stopped once or twice to strut then made a beeline for our groundblind and his story ends at 25 yards.   30 minutes later we called in three jakes to 20 yards and Tanner took one of those.

Loaded up and headed home by 8:00 am...great morning for the boys.

Wrangler95

:you_rock:

Very nice going,congrats!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Ol'Mossy

BigMick

Awesome!  Congrats!!!!!   :happy0064: :z-guntootsmiley: :happy0064: :z-guntootsmiley: :happy0064:

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

Preacher

Romans 8:37

boomer

renegade19

Nice.  Those are lifetime memories!  Congrats.

Reloader

Awesome!  Congrats to all.

dirt road ninja

Great morning indeed. Congrats

mnturkey

Congratulations, looks like a fine time.
SEMPER FI

870FaceLift

:icon_thumright:

Perfect.  Absolutely Perfect
Pass it on...

tha bugman

yelpy