OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best 870 Bases and Mount?

Started by vtmchunter, April 09, 2012, 07:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtmchunter

What would the best, most sturdy bases for an 870 be?  I have seen first hand the saddle-style mount wiggle around.  I'd like to avoid that.

Also, does anyone have issues with the Knoxx tactical recoil reducing stocks and scopes hitting them in the face?  I'd like to get that stock and scope added at the same time I'm ungrading my turkey slayer.

remmy1187

Drill and tap, I think the 870 uses a 429m weaver rail.  I dont think a scope is recommended with the that knoxx stock.  A red dot would be a grat choice and you dont have to worry about scope eye.  Weaver also has a multi-slot one piece base for about ten bucks, part number48345

mightyjoeyoung

You should be able to have a few different bases drilled and tapped.  I know there is a specific model for the 870 though.  As far as scopes...just get something like the Nikon turkey pro, which has a 5" eye relief and you won't eat it every time you shoot. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

vtmchunter

I just ordered a Nikon Turkey Pro.  I'd prefer to use that with the Knoxx stock if possible.  Thanks for the warning on eating it!  Haha.  I don't want to do that, and I don't want to test to see if it happens either.  Anybody use the Turkey Pro and Knoxx?

That Weaver base sounds like the way to go.  I appreciate the help!

pullit

here is one of mine with a full lenght 429 mount

and here is one that I cut off just long enough to mount a FFII. If you cut one off, you can make 2 mounts out of it.

vtmchunter

Thanks, that 429 looks like the way to go.