Main Menu

Favorite striker tip style

Started by erictski, April 09, 2012, 10:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erictski

What is you favorite tip style.

Full mushroom, round, flat, flared?

worth612000

I usually like mine rounded, got a hold of one made by Wendell "Lights Out Calls" that is mushroom. Due to its small size its perfect.

gobblercop

Round.......but that's because it is all I've ever used.  I don't know any different.

West Augusta

I prefer a straight, rounded tipped striker.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

TauntoHawk

I have some of all the types and it doesnt matter as much as wood type to me it seems.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Longbeardfever4ever

Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

lightsoutcalls

My striker tips are actually flared with a rounded tip.  I have some from another maker that I would consider mushroom tipped... literally over 1/2" wide at the tip.  The 2 that I have of his strikers sound great on almost any call I have run them on.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

tha bugman

depends but I really like the flared

tomanyturkeycalls

I prefer a rounded tip striker but very slightly flared is okay... I feel you can do alittle more with a rounded tip striker

Sully53

worth612000

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on April 09, 2012, 01:00:03 PM
My striker tips are actually flared with a rounded tip.  I have some from another maker that I would consider mushroom tipped... literally over 1/2" wide at the tip.  The 2 that I have of his strikers sound great on almost any call I have run them on.

Sorry Wendell, a flared tip with rounded end would best decribe this striker, I did say it was small.  Runs good.

tha bugman

The Hooks Yellowheart is awesome!

bunk

Quote from: worth612000 on April 09, 2012, 06:57:21 PM
My striker tips are actually flared with a rounded tip.  I have some from another maker that I would consider mushroom tipped... literally over 1/2" wide at the tip.  The 2 that I have of his strikers sound great on almost any call I have run them on.

Sorry Wendell, a flared tip with rounded end would best decribe this striker, I did say it was small.  Runs good.

I really like Wendell's laminate strikers. What color is yours? I like it. Wendell's is the only flared tip I have used that I like. I think it's due to it's small size, otherwise I like straight round tips.

worth612000

Quote from: bunk on April 11, 2012, 07:06:22 PM
Quote from: worth612000 on April 09, 2012, 06:57:21 PM

I really like Wendell's laminate strikers. What color is yours? I like it. Wendell's is the only flared tip I have used that I like. I think it's due to it's small size, otherwise I like straight round tips.

Not sure what he calls this pattern. You could pm him and ask. It looks similar to the Santos Zebra. It is a wood tone, grey and black.