Main Menu

Zink goes pop

Started by agturkey, April 08, 2012, 11:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Does Zink not warranty their work????
Quote from: Reloader on April 09, 2012, 03:40:56 PM
Quote from: bigthunderchicken on April 09, 2012, 03:24:06 PM
my zink decoy (JAKE) got spurred now has holes in it. the stake on which it sits on is now crooked and will not hold the weight, i bent over to fix my boot the other day and the bag flipped over my shoulder. well when that happened the strap BROKE! NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH THEM!

Extra stakes are only $5 a piece from Zink.  Nice folks to deal with.  Tell em about your bag and I'm betting they'll send a new one for free.

Reloader

Quote from: I-55Bandit on April 10, 2012, 04:46:51 PM
I'm a lot more worried about how a decoy looks uo close than far away. You could put a brown balloon on a stake and a gobbler would investigate to a point

2 weeks ago I watched a 4yo do his dance for a while around my Zink Breeder hen.  He'd dance around one side and bump into her, then dance around the other side and bump into her.   I'd say that's good enough detail when a 4yo comes in silent and falls in love, especially since it was in a high pressure area.

Pullit had a jake mount his breeder hen several times a couple weeks back.

I believe that any decent decoy will get them in,  seen it happen way too many times.  That said, I've seen many older toms slam on the brakes and know something isn't right when they got close, but that was most times well in range for the kill. Since going to the Zinks, I've waited a bit longer to shoot and they flat love those decoys.

darron

are you suppose to keep the zink decoys inflated or not?

tha bugman

I keep my two in one bag so I deflate to make that happen.
Quote from: darron on April 11, 2012, 12:01:15 PM
are you suppose to keep the zink decoys inflated or not?

fountain2

I've got a feeder been and loved it from the time I saw it.  Super realistic.   I leave mine inflated while hunting.  A bit cumbersome in the back of my vest,  but it works.  If not in use, it makes a nice back rest.

Last year I had several hunts where she was seen, but the gobblers wouldn't come...one was henned up bad and the other was just weird.  He had a real hen come straight by him and he still wouldn't follow.  This was an Osceola.   He did come eventually and I shot as soon as I could.

This year I've had some good action with her.  I coupled the zink with my b-mobile one morning for a group if gobblers and it worked nicely.  I have video of both hunts this year with the zink.  I will post em here.  

Dsd are nice too.  Can't say I don't like em cause id be lying.   Never used one, but wouldn't be afraid to if I had one.  The strutter and jake look better to me than the hen...but all are top notch.

For service, just call zink.  Im sure they will work with any of you that may have troubles.  They know, we don't.  Id like to think a company y of that size with a good reputation will be glad to help more gobblers come running in to ya for more success and praise

Old Gobbler

5 seasons , thats how long I have had my DSD hen - looks exactly as good as the day I got it
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

tha bugman

thats great!
Quote from: Old Gobbler on April 11, 2012, 09:13:04 PM
5 seasons , thats how long I have had my DSD hen - looks exactly as good as the day I got it

oklahomaboy

I like the ability to carry two decoys in one bag (partially inflated).  I certainly like the looks of the Zinc too.  I think I would be on the phone with the manufacture seeking some satisfaction.

Flydown

Dave Smith gets it done around here!

bird

No matter how you try and justify it... A Zink is still a Red  Communist Chinese Made Tire Balloon DSD Wannabe!

Obviously with the complaints and problems already being reported by hunters first hand.  The Zink Red Communist Chinese Made Tire Balloon DSD Wannabe has not only design flaws but also quality control issues!

Barry Keicks

LCD's are best kept semi inflated during the off season.

I'm curious. did any of you guys that have had issues with your decoys get hold of Zink? chances are if you did and they were in the office you would be transferred to Fred or Josh directly.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Barry Keicks on April 14, 2012, 04:56:46 PM
LCD's are best kept semi inflated during the off season.

I'm curious. did any of you guys that have had issues with your decoys get hold of Zink? chances are if you did and they were in the office you would be transferred to Fred or Josh directly.
You are correct , it is always better to address any issue directly with the company first rather than to bounce up on the internet - I often see threads on OG where I scratch my head thinking are we some type of customer service hotline for whatever issue arises with any type of product

If the Zink was of comparable quality and was American made it would stand a fighting chance with the notoriously picky turkey hunters -  Other than that I don't see this particular product having any gain in sales or market share in the future for the maker/importer 

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Dan Mallia

I think the title of the thread says it all.  :you_rock: ;)

Cooter

DSD believer here. All four of my DSDs fit in one decoy bag. It's a big bag that is backpack style. Half the Zink users say they don't deflate them so I don't see that advantage. I'll happily pay $40 to help support American workers.

-}}}--------->

simpzenith

Quote from: agturkey on April 08, 2012, 11:57:15 PM
High temps caused zink to go puff on the decoy stake.  Now have to think of what to fill it with to take shape...finished out tx trip with it was unable use in ks and now looks like going have patch for ky...called zink feeders in low stock not sure when it will get replaced....so my take on the decoy is not real high praises.

Are you saying that heat caused it to expand to the point that it ruptured?