turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kicks chokes

Started by BBD, April 07, 2012, 09:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBD

Don't hear much about them on here. Why is that? I have been shooting a Kicks .660 in my 870 and a .680 in my Mossberg 935 for years with good results.  Why aren't they more popular among this board ?

gobblingghost

i think mainly is because you can't shoot htl shot

runngun

Alot of folks shoot them as I do too, out of my 10 gauge and a 12 browning bps . The owner of Kicks says not to shot Hevi shot through them but says it is ok to shoot Winchester extended range.
Can tell you that mine shoots great with Hevi 13 or NITRO'S.
To me the are a great well made choke.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Bossmoss

I be leave being lead only everyone like the $4.00 each shells. By the way I was thinking of getting a kiicks for my 935 in .680 how's yours shoot? What load you shooting?

BBD

Win ER 5's or Hevi MB's   I haven't shot a turkey yet with the MB's but it will flat eat a piece of paper up. Seems like thats what is important around here anyway....

sugarray

Quote from: BBD on April 07, 2012, 11:34:24 PM
Win ER 5's or Hevi MB's   I haven't shot a turkey yet with the MB's but it will flat eat a piece of paper up. Seems like thats what is important around here anyway....

No!

What is important is putting a pattern together that will consistently and cleanly kill a turkey.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: sugarray on April 08, 2012, 07:55:16 AM
Quote from: BBD on April 07, 2012, 11:34:24 PM

No!

What is important is putting a pattern together that will consistently and cleanly kill a turkey.

TRUTH!!  You new guys to the site need to understand that there are hunters AND target shooter on here.  Many, if not all of those target shooters are also hunters.  What they do in trying to get the BEST patterns out of their guns can do nothing but help us non-target guys out in the turkey woods.  I see too many folks come onto sites like this one with a closed mind, open mouth and their blinders on...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

runngun

Yep what mightyjoe said!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

mossyoakpro

I have shot a Kicks GT .665 for years in my 11-87 12 gauge.  I love the choke and I get great patterns from both Win XR #5 & #6.  That is what they recommended when I got the choke...I called when the XR came out and they said it was fine to shoot it through their choke.

I started to change this year but decided against it after getting almost identical patterns from other chokes....so I went with the old addage..."if it aint broke don't fix it"

Phillippians 4:13

BBD

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 08, 2012, 08:58:16 AM
[What is important is putting a pattern together that will consistently and cleanly kill a turkey.

TRUTH!!  You new guys to the site need to understand that there are hunters AND target shooter on here.  Many, if not all of those target shooters are also hunters.  What they do in trying to get the BEST patterns out of their guns can do nothing but help us non-target guys out in the turkey woods.  I see too many folks come onto sites like this one with a closed mind, open mouth and their blinders on...
[/quote]

I haven't shot alot of paper but I'll put my kill numbers up against anyone...I have enjoyed reading about the different shell/choke combinations being tested. I have also made suggest to other "hunters" from info I gained from this site. So to those who are testing to get patterns that will consistently kill turkeys, Thanks.

And it ain't braggin' if you can back it up  ;)