turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

.410 T/C Contender pistol

Started by Michigander, April 07, 2012, 06:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michigander

I've always been fasinated by these little guns. Anybody ever turkey hunt with one?

fatboy

I  rabbit hunt with one. Mine would probably kill a turkey to 15 yards for sure, but past that it would be a crippler. This is with hand loaded lead.

howl

I knew if I searched around long enough I'd find a post on this. Somebody needs to get it worked out with TSS #9s.

Jtrimm

My brother first kill with one.

gobbler777

I wanted to kill one with the T/C contender 410 so I started patterning and was disappointed that after trying different factory loads/shot sizes I couldn't do any better than 15 yards of maximum effective range. Long story short, killed a nice long beard Rio in Texas at 13 yards. Long enough ago that I only have a print photo. Fun indeed.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

Jtrimm

I'm looking into the TSS #9's personally. Ya definitely have to have them within 15 yards. Another 5 to 10 yards wouldn't hurt.

howl

I'd like to hear more on this. We can use cap & ball revolvers here in GA but I hear they're messy to keep in order. A centerfire would option be excellent.