OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

He shoots, he scores. Disabled hunt a success!!!!!!

Started by Lumpy, April 07, 2012, 03:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

We get to our area at 4:30 am, had to relocate our blind. Get settled in to our new location and the birds start gobblin from a few hundred yards away, sounds like 4 different gobblers. And not long after a bird gobbles from 50 yards away in a tree!!!!! We are pinned down and wait to see what happens, knowing the bird had heard and or seen us we hope for the best.
He flys down in the opposite direction, but stiil continues to gobble at us, and then 2 other birds join in that we didn't hear on the roost. They continue to gobble off and on!
Then 3 different gobblers start working our way, they fire up the one bird that was roostd right on us, then 2 more gobblers sound off, we had 8 different gobbler responding, and I told Greg that this is what its all about!!!
Four of the gobblers are now within 60 yards, and look out the front of our blind a jake is like 10 yards away, but Greg wasnt able to shoot!!! I try to pull on the window of the blind so he can get a shot, but the jake spots us and starts putting and moving back in the trees. I start hitting him with some hard yelping and cutting and all 4 gobblers start a gobbling contest, and the jake circles around and Greg smoked him at 30 yards!!!
Another great day in God's great creation, thank you Lord for blessing us with such a great hunt!
God Bless

It's not a religon, it's a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

Hook's Custom Calls Prostaffer
www.hookscalls.com

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

dlquinn

Great story and a nice looking jake  :icon_thumright:

You are so right we are blessed every time we can get out and spend a day in God's great creation!
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

mossy835

chatterbox

The smile on his face is what it's all about!
Congrats on a fine bird! :icon_thumright:

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

JVA54

ctwny1

mightyjoeyoung

Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Saylfish

IAFF 1377

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

ncturkey

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!