OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester double x and supreme same

Started by Bossmoss, April 06, 2012, 06:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bossmoss

I have a box of each both black shell, 3.5-2-6 1300 fps are the the same different box? If there different what's different.

jtg88

Winchester makes two different loadings in the Supreme line, the High Velocity and the XX Mag.  The Supreme HV will be either 3" 1.75 oz or 3.5" 2 oz loadings at 1300 fps (black shells).  The XX Mag will be either 3" 2oz or 3.5" 2.25oz loadings at 1195 fps (red shells).

Sounds like you have two boxes of Supreme High Velocity.

mightyjoeyoung

These are the boxes that I have seen new on the shelves at virtually every sinlge major ammo seller in this area.  I have not seen a single new box of the Supreme Double X Mag loads anywhere btw.   Not sure why either because I sure wish I could find some!  Note that each and every grade of shell is basically loaded with the same components.  Same type of shot, buffer, same basic wad design? etc..  The supremes have always been loaded with copper plated, grex buffered shot.  These were at walmart.  Funny thing is...I don't see the Double X 20 ga. loads from walmart (no supreme markings on the box) anywhere on the Winchester site.  Only show them in the Supreme.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Bossmoss

ok so thies are the same just different packaging? one bought at wall mart other at dicks.

Mild Bill

they are the same

the top box in your photo is the new style packaging that winchester began putting out about a year ago.

They have been moving all of their shotgun packaging to a format like that.
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.