turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Breedingrn

Started by Hookhunter, April 06, 2012, 06:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hookhunter

Ok so I am still a young guy (27) but I have been in the woods since I was 2yr old. Between my Papa and my dad I haven't missed a trip to the woods since. Once grown and own my own the addiction became more of an obsession and I'm always out hunting,scouting,preparing etc..... Point is in all that time I have never seen a "big game animal" actually breeding. That is until Today!!!! With a week until opening day I was out scouting and gllassing the fields when I saw it. A big gobbler actively breeding a hen, to make it even better right behind him was another strutter of equal size with 4 more hens!!!!!! This was absolutely one of the coolest things I have ever seen if not the coolest. My only problem now is trying to figure out how I'm going to sleep at night until next Saturday, with all that action on my mind. In total today I saw 9 big gobblers and around 9 hens.. The breeding show went on for a good minute and a half. Did I say AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Justin
Yelp,yelp,yelp.. Gobble, BOOM!!!! Flop,flop,flop

handcannon

Sounds like you enjoyed it as much as he did. Just kidding. That's great that you are out there getting the full experience. Moments like that is when you need a good digital camera.

Hookhunter

Lol. Yea I got pretty excited. Just one of this things you see that sort of brings it all full circle I guess. Glad to see the old boy is gettin his jollies off this week though because next weekend he has a date with a 3 1/2 magnum blend
Yelp,yelp,yelp.. Gobble, BOOM!!!! Flop,flop,flop