OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Spent some time in the shop.................

Started by pappy, April 06, 2012, 01:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Here we have a Box Guitar Turkey caller, made from some Cherry out of a tree that was downed during a tornado in Southeastern Missouri a couple years back. The decorative ring is Claro walnut, the Tuning forks are Elephant Ivory, the upper decorative is the end of a Remington  UMC New Club 10 Gauge shotgun shell....I carved T-T on the guitar's head for "Turkey-Trot" .... The back of the guitar is slate from an old School house in Tennessee, it is 1/8" thick...the stand is made from a piece of Wormy American Chestnut, out of Virginia, The striker is in two pieces, one is the BONGO DRUM and the other piece is the MICROPHONE on a STAND, the BONGO DRUM has an Elephant Ivory top, the striker shaft is made from Cypress from Missouri and the drum and mike is American Black Walnut from my back yard. The guitar measures a little less then 8" in length and 3" at it widest part and 1" deep......yep it took some time to make it..............but you should have tried to tune it!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY PAPPY
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

merocustomcalls

superx2

Cut*N*Run

Unbelievable!!! I have a hard enough time making wood look nice when all I do is spin it around in a circle really fast. I don't know how you do it!

Rope

Freedom is NOT free

kenturkey89

Brian

savagecaller

TOO COOL !!!!!! You can call birds in and make'm dance...

savduck

Georgia Boy

cannonball

drenalinld

Pappy you gotta get out of the box some time!  That is cool!  Should be a big hit in Nashville!

bcc2011

now thats a call you wont see in the woods much
Brother Custom Calls

swampgobbler

Pappy, you should have kept that one under your lid until the next calling competition.  that is some cool stuff right there. 

pappy

Thanks everyone, I put it on ebay, so go give a look....I have so many new ideas running through this brain of mine, this is just the beginning, I already have a super idea in the works for the Grand and the Midwest...not telling though....
tel...573-380-8206

rtsj

Jack. Give us an Ebay link. That thing is incredible.

Roy

pappy

tel...573-380-8206