turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hope it works...

Started by WNY Bowhunter, April 06, 2012, 12:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNY Bowhunter

Just got done treating all of my clothing in Permethrin in preparation for next weekends KY hunt.  I even gave my vest a good soaking!!!  I hear that the ticks are pretty bad throughout the country this year.  Honestly, I have NEVER even had one on me (that I know of) here in western NY and I'm active in the outdoors 12 months a year whether it's shed antler hunting, turkey hunting, messing with trail cameras, bowhunting, etc.  Checking for ticks after coming in from a day in the outdoors isn't even a thought to me...

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

JVA54

That ought to help, I hear that they will be bad too. Never had to much of a problem with them here though last year my son buddy when with us and he had ticks all over him my boy and me I don't remember have any. Not sure where he got in to them at we set down in the same places. :-\

JVA54

Wny Bowhunter You still going to Kentucky turkey hunting?

dirt road ninja

I've never tried it. I get a few on me every year. Since I started using a gobbler lounger I hadn't got one. If I were you I'd worry more about the red bugs then ticks. If you've never had them your lucky. Ticks can just be pulled off and the bite popped once a head forms. They don't itch much, but red bugs give me weeks of misery. Good luck in ky.

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: JVA54 on April 06, 2012, 01:26:49 PM

Wny Bowhunter You still going to Kentucky turkey hunting?

Yes sir.  Our group departs NY @ 0400 next friday (10 hour drive).  Season opens on the 14th and we'll be there until thursday the 19th...

WNY Bowhunter

What are red bugs...chiggers?

dirt road ninja

Yep, chiggers. Down here we call them red bugs.

JVA54

You had me worried thought there was some new bug I have to look out for. :toothy12:

M,Yingling

Iam kind same way dont get many ticks on me well guys iam with pick them up all the time ,,Good luck on your hunt
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

davisd9

Good luck in KY.  I have not found a tick on my yet.  I have been all over the woods and on the edges of ponds hunting and fishing.  Went fishing monday and after I got home, my friend that was with me texted me that he found 3 ticks on him and to look out.  Did not find any.  I probably just do not taste too good cause I usually do not have much trouble from any insects.  I have sprayed some of my hunting clothes with store bought permethrine.  Seems to have helped.  Hope you bust a big one!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer