OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I can't say "tuka tuka tuka" fast enough

Started by wisconsinteacher, April 05, 2012, 03:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

On my tube call, I can yelp, cluck and sound like a hen.  I for the life of me can not get a gobble.  I just can't do it fast enough.  How do you do it other than a million hours of practice?

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

redarrow

If I hear a gobbler hollerin ticka ticka ticka I'm gonna hit him with a can of permanone. :TooFunny: I aint never been able to gobble on a tube call either.

TauntoHawk

I've been trying so hard to get it down good with a mouth call... Joe your calls and amplifier are great but I sure still dont sound like you
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TRKYHTR

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 05, 2012, 04:59:39 PM
I've been trying so hard to get it down good with a mouth call... Joe your calls and amplifier are great but I sure still dont sound like you
You need about 30 years of practice.  :icon_thumright:

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

TauntoHawk

was that supposed to be encouraging Joe  :help: I've got about 3 years of trying in and now your telling me I got 27 more...

what if im a quick learner
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jwargo

How hard are tube calls to use? Struggled with mouth calls for a couple years. Finally got it down, but need work on my cadences until I'm truly happy. Been looking at some tubes, but just curious how hard is it to do the basics- yelps, clucks, cuts. And are there benefits to them over other types of calls?

wisconsinteacher

This is my first year with a tube call and I can yelp and cluck.  I was practicing at my in-laws and some guy walked up and said, did you hear that turkey.  I said it was me on a tube and he said he was fooled.  I can not purr or gobble yet, but I am working on it.  I worked on it for a few days driving to work and that helped a lot.