turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester sxp turkey gun

Started by Runnin Gunner, April 04, 2012, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runnin Gunner

Checked the threads and have found a little about the Winchester sxp. Looking to hear some real world words of wisdom from anyone who owns one or has shot one.  Not sure what to make off the whole "made in Turkey" thing just yet. Any thoughts or comments from the wise from OG?

:jesus-cross:
For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.  (1 Corinthians 2:2)

Reloader

You probably will not get much info on them since they just started getting out to the public.  Just not many folks have them yet.

From what I have heard and read, they use the same Speed Pump design that the 1300 had, but use the INV+ over bored bbl and choke design.  I'm very familiar with the Speed Pump and have patterned many INV+ guns as well.  INV+ guns pattern very well, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Do realize the Speed Pump design is to aid in ejection for faster follow ups.  The gun action will release when the hammer falls unlike other pumps, so the pump comes back with full force.  This is good and bad IME.  Good in that it is very fast for a pump action, bad in that if one is not used to this design it can smash the heck out of your fingers if you don't hold the forearm correctly(don't ask how I know).

bird

I checked out Winchesters site and that one heck of a good looking gun right there.

gatrkyhntr70

the gun sounds like it would be a shooter, Inv+ and the bbl. is chrome lined. I wanted one even though I was a little skeptical about it being made in Turkey.
I have had  a chance to handle the all black model and wasnt sold on it but still intrested in seeing the turkey or waterfowl model.
Last week in a Bass Pro I seen the waterfowl model and was dissapointed; turn off's 1)the camo finish was very glossy in appearance and it also seemed to be slick lmost slippery from the same finish.
Im gonna stick with my trusty 870sm.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Reloader

Gatrkyhntr,

I noticed the glossy finish as well. Its not matte like my camo SX3. That turkey model sure is sharp and it comes drilled and tapped.

I may buy the turkey model just because I love my 1300s. If anything like them(which the internals look similar), I bet it is going to kick like a mule.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: Reloader on April 05, 2012, 09:41:18 PM
Gatrkyhntr,

I noticed the glossy finish as well. Its not matte like my camo SX3. That turkey model sure is sharp and it comes drilled and tapped.

I may buy the turkey model just because I love my 1300s. If anything like them(which the internals look similar), I bet it is going to kick like a mule.

The turkey model is a nice looking gun in the pics;with the inv+ bore you know its going to be a shooter. They are priced great too.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

NYSportsman

I like the looks of them.  I looked at the all black model at Gander Mountain. They had it on sale for 299.00 last week. I was tempted but I held off until I see the turkey model.

surehuntsalot

I do like the way they look and feel
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Reloader

What price range are you fellas seeing the turkey model?

Seems around $440 is the best I've seen.

Its drilled and tapped. May have to look and see if Weaver makes a rail yet.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Reloader on April 08, 2012, 07:40:28 PM
What price range are you fellas seeing the turkey model?

Seems around $440 is the best I've seen.

Its drilled and tapped. May have to look and see if Weaver makes a rail yet.

Rail should be the same as the 1300.  The local Gander has the all black for $449.99...a little high imo, but then evrything else there is rediculously over priced anyways...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.