OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Factory loads for the 16, 28 and .410

Started by wisconsinteacher, April 04, 2012, 08:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

What factory loads are you using in your 16, 28 and 410?  What distances are you able to shoot turkeys with these gauages?  I need all 3 to get my guage slam.  I have a .410 and 16 but I need to buy a 28ga in the future. 

Waddle Whacker

I'm shooting the Winchester Super X 6's or 7.5's out of my .410. 25 yards is my max, if not a bit of a stretch. Either load will kill at 20 for me.

schuylkillspur

After testing ammo from several different manfacturers I ended up using Remington Express long range 11/8 oz of 7.5 in my 16ga. And Remington premier nitro sporting clays 3/4 oz of 7.5 shot in the 28ga. I also ended up getting the best patterns from Remington Express long range 11/16 oz of 7.5 out of the .410. How Ironic I could never get any of the Remington turkey loads to pattern out of my 12ga guns?
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

Michigander

I used the Winchester 3" 11/16 oz. #7.5's last year in an old mossberg bolt action with a poly choke. I would have shot 30, no further though. I ended only having to shoot 13 though.

WNM

I'm looking for some of the same info. I want to kill a turkey with my late grandfather's Belgian made 1959 Sweet Sixteen. The two barrels I have are (obviously fixed) modified, so I'm interested in seeing what kind of patterns I can get and at what ranges I can shoot.