OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 sm hevi 13 2oz #6 pattern

Started by captin_hook, April 03, 2012, 07:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

Tried hevi shot for the first time
Hevi 13 2oz #6 3 inch mags @ 40 yds.
Had 177 in 10 inch circle. It was a very even pattern. Does this sound good to u guys?
Remington HD turkey/ predator choke that came with the gun.
I tried to post pics but it said file was too large.

hunter-b

That's a very dead turkey. I would say that's very  good .  :icon_thumright:

Grunt-N-Gobble

Sounds good to me.

What you need to do is take your pic and resize it to less than 650kb (i think).  It will say what the max size is.

Alot of computers already have the ability to resize, but some don't.  There are free resizer programs out there to download or they will do it and then you can just save it back to your computer.

cannonball

That's a good pattern. Get your photo resized and post up some pics.

captin_hook

Ok, thanks for the help, I figured it out.

captin_hook

hunter-b

That's a nice pattern . But these should be posted in the Gun pattern picture section . Just a heads up .

captin_hook

I did, post them there, I'm new  here and read so much about patterns here I thought it would be ok, plus I was pretty pumped about my pattern, here in pa I can't hunt yet so this is pretty much what gets me goin for right now.. Thanks for the heads up though.

hunter-b

Yeah I'm counting the days also . I'm going to Ohio the 25th . Cant wait . I have a brother that lives in PA.

captin_hook

I know, kind of sucks pa season is so late, its hard to get out of state to hunt with work and family, some day when I retire, I'm going south in April . But that's only 20 years away.. lol. Good luck in Ohio and pa if you get here.

nyhunter

gtrjames

I shoot the same shell in a Maxus...great pattern.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

FANMAN

Awesome pattern...I shoot the same choke in my 11-87 S M , but I shoot the 3 1/2"  shell...I'm getting low 190's with the 2 1/4oz load.It's good to hear someone else likes the factory choke.

tddeangelo

New to the site, but thought I'd chime in...

Just patterned my trusty old 870 yesterday with Hevi 13 3-2-6 rounds and a Jellyhead choke. 172 hits at 40 yards, and 82 hits at 50.

20 yards just looked ugly for a turkey on the receiving end of it!

I also shot some 1 5/8oz No5 3" shells (also Hevi Shot). Amazing the difference in pattern density.