turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

editing software

Started by DMP, April 03, 2012, 06:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMP

What are yall using to edit your videos?  Ive been using windows movie maker but when I do I lose a lot of the quality in the video but if I use the software that came with the camera I don't lose much.  Only problem is the software that came with the camera doesn't have near the options that movie maker has. 

Turkeyslayer 101

Final cut from apple is a great one
Be sharp but don't cut yourself!

Flydown

I like CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Ultra It is easy to use and has tons of extras!

gophert

Quote from: Flydown on April 03, 2012, 10:42:24 PM
I like CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Ultra It is easy to use and has tons of extras!

Cyberlink is rated as one of the top editing software packages out there.  If you are coming from Movie Maker that would be my suggestion as well.  I have used it in the past and it is easy to use.  Try ebay you can usually get last years edition at a lower cost. 

I now use Magix Movie Edit Pro.  It is a little more involved and has more detailed settings but in the end, sometimes I wish I just had "easy".   

Also, if you are using High Def...get ready!  It takes forever for a dual core computer to render hd to a viewable format.  Example...my last video I edited down to 11:30 minutes.  Took 6 hours to render.  Hit the button before you go to bed and it will be ready when you wake.  Good Luck!