OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Handload Tests Rem.11-87 3"

Started by Grunt-N-Gobble, April 01, 2012, 02:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt-N-Gobble

Shot again on Saturday using a different Sumtoy choke and my IC choke.
All shots @ 40yds. measured.  Temps between 50-60 but closer to 50.

All of the info is on the pics.  All are huntable, but the straight load of Hevishot 6's did the best.  I've got a duplex load with HW 7's and Hevishot 6's that does pretty good too all in 1.75oz loads.

The last pic was shot with a Sumtoy Fowlplay .680 using a 2oz load of HW 7's and Hevishot 6's.  Still working on getting the right MV at the moment, but once thats done, I'm probably going to switch to a HW 7 and Hevishot 7 duplex.

Still don't know if I'll stick with the Flowplay choke or not.  Its not mine, just borrowing it to try. I still like the (i guess) regular sumtoys with the wad catcher rings and straight rifle cuts.  Well see.......... May have to change dia.

Grunt-N-Gobble

Thanks Slicky!!!

My max is 2oz. and I'm still working on a good load.  Don't think I'll hunt with a 2oz load this year......I just don't have enough time with work and family to get one together, so It will be 1 3/4oz for this year.

My duplex with HW 7's and Hevi 6's is pretty good, but I'm not set on it quite yet.  My core was good, but the 20" was a little sparse........OK but sparse.  I posted it a couple weeks ago.  I thought about reversing the stack too, but haven't tried it yet.

I robbed a bunch of Hevi 7's from 3.5" shells over the weekend and I'm thinking of a triplex load with HW 7's, with Hevi 7's and Hevi 6's on top.  The Hevi 7's should help with my counts (I believe) in both the 10" and 20".  My own Magblend, if you will.