turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HELP

Started by jbrown, March 30, 2012, 10:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown

I run into a BAD old gobbler this am on a new piece of woods that has not been turkey hunted in several yrs. He gobbled about 12 times on the limb, even cut my tree call and my winged fly down cackel. My cousin was the shooter, not much patience, no gobble after fly down, we stayed still untill 8:30. We slipped out and headed for the other end of the woods, could'nt hit another bird. Went back to try the first one at 10:00, owled and he gobbled once from our first set up place, set up about 125yds from him back from the edge of big open pine woods. I clucked and purred for the for the first 30 mins, then cut and yelped once and waited 1 hr......never heard him again! I know that he never saw us, never heard any hens. I'll try him again Mon am, I plan to slip in early, if he cuts my call from the limb, I want call again...just sit tight! What would y'all do????

merocustomcalls

I might try doing fighting purrs on two different calls at the same time.  Or maybe a jake yelp.

Basser69

If he cuts you off again and nerver shows.....well if the cheeks can stand it, I would try and wait him out. I figure he is going to be looking for that hen he might have missed

TauntoHawk

Gobble at him maybe if the hen talk doesn't work
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

drenalinld

I would play it patient with leaf scratching and soft clucks and purrs a couple times. If he did not come to it after a couple hunts, i would call aggressively with fighting purrs cackles and maybe even a gobble.

savduck

Come back next week when he is done with his hens
Georgia Boy