OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Let an upgrade slip away

Started by savduck, March 29, 2012, 08:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Went to the woods after work. Stopped by my wife's uncles place. I used to murder gobblers here. In fact my largest ever Georgia bird came off of here. Only 55 acres. I haven't hunted it in about 7 years. Last year I started seeing sign again. I walked in and saw sign everywhere. I started cutting and one cut me off. He was close and coming. I put the decoy out and sat down. I hit the call again and he was on top of me. Right in front of me was a split tree with a fork and I got movement on the other side. He came in and stood there and strutted at 25 yards. Won't budge. He was HUGE. I could see his head plain as day but didn't want to shoot through the fork....he'll I thought he would come. He turned and walked out the same way gobbling. I haven't been nervous with a bird in a long time, but that one had me breathing hard. Might be because of where it's at. At any rate.....I'll be there again this evening to get after it.
Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

Sounds exciting. Go get him.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

870BkWht

Good Luck Del.  Keep us Posted.

Basser69

jbrown

drenalinld

Some of my best birds come off of small tracts. Good luck! Will make it sweeter when you get him

cannonball

savduck

No gobbling this afternoon. Thats ok, Ill get him next week, Off to SC for the weekend tommorrow.
Georgia Boy

jbrown

Del, where in SC are you headed? I may go up to Greenville to my uncles place.

savduck

Quote from: jbrown on March 29, 2012, 08:07:13 PM
Del, where in SC are you headed? I may go up to Greenville to my uncles place.

Ill be just outside Bamberg on the Edisto River. Its a little town south of Orangeberg. Fella has been inviting me for several years, but stuff has gotten in the way. This weekend we put it all together.

Georgia Boy

jbrown

The Edisto River swamp is a awesome place.....good luck!!