turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SC Lowcountry 3.28.2012 Buddies First Bird - On Video

Started by bangbird, March 28, 2012, 11:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bangbird

Took a co-worker of mine out this morning to a property in Orangeburg county a mutual friend of ours owns.  I've scouted it before but never hunted it.  We decided to give it a shot this morning before work.  The highway was louder than I had expected.  Made it difficult to hear gobbling.  Heard nothing on the roost, or if they were gobbling we couldn't hear it.  Walked some fields without coming up with much but saw some good sign so we headed back to where we started.  I stopped and called and thought I heard a gobbler sound off in the adjacent field where we had started out.  Called again and he answered back.  We set up in our field hoping we could call him across a stand of timber and ditch separating the two fields.  Didn't take long.  My buddy couldn't get a shot because of the drum and had to lean slightly to his right to get the shot off.  No shot ended up hitting the drum and he got his first bird...

The Hunt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi--8oS-oDU

JVA54

ncturkey

A wesome video. Congrat's to your4 buddy on his first turkey.

Hookhunter

Talk about nerve wrecking. He was probably calling that barrel all kinds of nice things. Haha. Awesome video congrats to your buddy.
Yelp,yelp,yelp.. Gobble, BOOM!!!! Flop,flop,flop

lowcountry

bangbird

Quote from: Hookhunter on March 28, 2012, 12:31:27 PM
Talk about nerve wrecking. He was probably calling that barrel all kinds of nice things. Haha. Awesome video congrats to your buddy.

I had to edit some of it out...

Ky strutt n bust n

milertyme03

Hognutz

Congrats to your buddy.. Nicely done!! Great video, as well...
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Frankinthelaurels

THAT's it!! I can't watch anymore of these videos! I can't sleep, eat, think, almost said refuse to participate in sex!!!  GREAT JOB.. I can't take anymore.....very nice, boy he sure did smash him at that distance.

bangbird

Quote from: milertyme03 on March 28, 2012, 01:44:00 PM
Nice.  What type of call? Sounded good.

Thanks.  Mouth call.  I build my own... Stretched the one I was using last night.

Doesn't sound good to me on video when your calling right into the mic like that

wvboy

I thought that was some real good calling .. the way you transitions from yelp to cutts ..and the real fast cutting .. you are a good caller in my opinion.. congrats to your buddy ..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

TRKYHTR

First off great calling. Second nice coaching. 3rd It kills me when you give somebody the shoot signal and the gun don't go off. 4th you can always tell a new turkey hunter because they'll grab the turkey by the neck every time. Great hunt.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

DirtNap647

boomer