OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A crisp fine spring morning Mississippi style

Started by Preacher, March 27, 2012, 03:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacher

The morning's weather was breathtaking,   low about 49 , calm, stars shinning and spring has sprung.    However as the eastern sky brighten, I did not hear what I was listing for.  I had another issue as well,   I was sure my mouth calls were in my truck with all my other essentials,  lets see,  gloves and face mask  check, themro-cell check, slate calls, check, tube-call check and to my horror my mouth calls were still in the house,  behind a locked door, that I dont have a key for,   its in the house too,  along with a wife that does not enjoy the earlier morning like I do( and I admit I am scared of her ).    But still no deal breaker,  i got my slates and tube,  my fine turkey hunting Buddy has plenty calls as well. 
Now back to my original listing post where I heard 5 form yesterday,  and not a single one today,  Buddy and I decided to make a move and finally got one a bird,  problem was that hills and slick spots and thickets tend to make life had on us all but my Buddy had to call "calf rope "  and go home  .   I told him I would call me to pick me up later,  he said fine and left.    I than began a long journey to a place we had decided the turkeys were headed.    But I had no mouth calls,   I sheepishly ask if I could borrow a used mouth call form a turkey hunting Buddy and he agreed.    Turkey hunting Mississippi style,   after about a 30 minute wait and a number of gobbles a fine 2year old gobbler stepped into my shooting lane and kept coming closer , when he got about 30 steps   I dropped the hammer..

Sloppy seconds with a Mother Lode Mouth call,  a fine morning indeed.

Romans 8:37

redarrow

You boys are stacking em up for sure. Beautiful pic.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Turkeyfan

That bird will do for sure. Love the snow ball bush.

ctwny1

Sand Man

I like my buddies and all, but not so sure I'd borrow a mouth call.   ;D

Congrats on the bird!

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Eric Gregg

Robin, you are going to have to send some of that Mojo you have been working on them birds.
Great job!
It has been tough in my neck of the woods, but I don't hear no fat lady humming yet.

Keep at it :smiley-char092:

TRKYHTR

Atta boy. You and Donnie are wearin um out. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

REBELYELL

Congrats on a great season. Is your guide service booked the rest of the season? Might have to holler at you, but don't forget your mouth calls.

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

Ol'Mossy

Flydown

Quote from: Sand Man on March 27, 2012, 04:57:40 PM
I like my buddies and all, but not so sure I'd borrow a mouth call.   ;D

Congrats on the bird!

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do! Great hunt and story Preacher! Congrats on a dream season so far buddy! Good luck on your next one!

flintlock

I bet you are worn out dragging all of those gobblers out of the woods.    :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!