OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris Fastfire II battery replacement

Started by Bagg-it Tag-it, March 27, 2012, 03:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bagg-it Tag-it

After three years my battery finally went dead. I've seen some differing opinions on this forum as far as "if" the sight will still be "on" after replacing the battery. I do have the housing protector for the sight and wonder if I just unscrew the top two screws and replace the battery--will the sight have moved?

BurrisOptics

It depends on which protector you have.  If you have the Burris protector then it will still be on or at least very close.  If you have one of Gobbler74's protectors it may or may not.  The Burris protector mount uses longer realignment studs so that they will extend past the protector and into the sight.  The standard mounts will have shorter studs. 

Bagg-it Tag-it

Thank you....I have Gobbler74's protector but I believe he sent me longer screws at the time that came with his mount. I'll check it anyway on paper.

turkey_slayer

It can be way off with gobbler74's protector. Enough so that you run out of windage. Ask me how I know  ;D.

Bagg-it Tag-it

What did you do once you ran out of windage?

BurrisOptics

Quote from: Bagg-it Tag-it on March 27, 2012, 05:32:36 PM
Thank you....I have Gobbler74's protector but I believe he sent me longer screws at the time that came with his mount. I'll check it anyway on paper.

The screw length isn't the problem.  It's the posts in the mounting plate that align with the 4 holes in the corners of the FF sight.  Those posts and holes are to assist in remounting the sight so that it will maintain it's POA.  On the standard mount that comes with the FF sights those posts are not long enough to run through the protector and into the holes in the sight.  The burris protector uses extended posts that allow it to engage the holes in the sight with the protector sitting between them.  Not sure that makes sense but I gave it a shot. 

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 28, 2012, 11:46:40 AM
It can be way off with gobbler74's protector. Enough so that you run out of windage. Ask me how I know  ;D.

I love mine!  Centered up beautifully on my SBE II.  Almost didn't have to move it at all from where I had it mounted without the gaurd.  Good stuff Gobbler74!   :icon_thumright:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.