OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fast Fire II

Started by PEHunter, March 27, 2012, 09:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEHunter

I am trying to find a good optic to put on my 835 so that I don't have to get down so tight on the stock.  I have fusions in my neck that limit my flexibility.  From what I have read on here, the Fast Fire seems to be a very good choice.  I found the FF II at Opticsplanet for around $210.00 with the picanany rail included, but I have a few questions that I hope someone can help with.

Will the picanany rail fit the 835, and does it come with everything needed to mount it?  I know this is last minute, so I don't have a lot of time to order parts.

It looks like the FF have a guard that goes around them, do you have to order that separate?

I can't really tell how high the system mounts, so do you thing I will have a noticeable difference in the how low I have to bend my head down?

Thanks for the Help.

paladin

The picatinny mount attaches to the fastfire. the mount then attaches to your rail on your gun.
Most of us suggest a marlin 336 mount that allows direct mounting to 835 to keep it low. You have the opposite problem.
The product you are looking at will work....order it. But you will need a rail to mount to the 835. Mossberg makes one and it is on their website.
The burris mount is a needed part, it acts as a battery cover.
This set up should allow you to hold your head up about 3/4" and back some also.
A cheaper route may be the Mueller sight. It mounts to a rail also and is a little larger.
"have gun-will travel"