turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester Xtended Range question

Started by Mild Bill, March 26, 2012, 07:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mild Bill

I apologize if this has been asked before.  I could not find it using the search.

does the Winchester Xtended range size 6 deliver as much shock, damage, wallop etc. as a number 5 lead shot?

Thanks
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.

2much2loud

Win extended range hit like a hammer ....you will not be unhappy with the penetration

Borden811

It's more better than any lead 5's   :z-guntootsmiley:

935deadbird

I shoot the 3 1/2 #5's and I love em.The knock down power of these shells is brutal!                                          :gobble:
"Another One Bites The Dust"

Gobble!

Hits as hard and you will get more pellets on target

VAarrowslinger

I like the XR's! I just switched over my old school non-ported 24" barrell 835 (1994 model) to winchester extended range #6. At a leupold RXII verified 40yds...1st shot  with clean barrell = 200 in 10", 2nd shot after bore snake twice = 188, 3rd shot after bore snake twice = 198.  these patterns were shot with a Truglo SSX .670 . The 20" didn't hold as many shot as I hoped (160) and I've thought about opening it up with a Jellyhead or tightwad but I'm going to leave it alone. For comparison, my 935 shoots hevi 6's slightly better and my newer 835 is setup with Hevi 7's shooting 290 +/- in the 10". This older gun will be with be most of the year!

ctwny1

Pictures are worth a thousand words. I shot this gobbler last year using Winchester X-Tended Range 3" #6 shot using a Kick's 670 choke tube. Killed this gobbler at 42 yards...